What is a Digitisation Policy?
A Digitisation Policy provides the basis for establishing a standardised digitisation framework throughout an organisation, which:
- Adheres to any compliance requirements for the disposal of Source Records
- Meets international best practice standards for implementation of digitisation processes
- Ensures digital images created are an accurate, complete and reliable reproduction of the original source document
- Facilitates more effective and efficient management, use and disposal of records
- Enables the organisation to take advantage of any relevant legislation impacting on the process of digitisation
- Supports the organisation to make the digital transition required to establish a fully electronic operating environment