ARCHIVES MANAGEMENT BASICS
|Time||9:00am – 4:00pm Registration at 8:45am|
|Registration Price||$ 605.00 ea (general)|
Who Should Attend
Those with responsibility for managing collections of archives, for example local history librarians, school archivists, church archivists and business archivists.
This course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to establish and manage an archival program in their place of work.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify basic archival principles;
- Define common archival terminology;
- Identify your organisational context;
- Establish your archival program including:
- Archival policies
- Archives accommodation and environment
- Bringing material into your collection : Acquisition, appraisal and accessioning
- Describing and arranging your collection: Arrangement and Description
- Making your collection available: Finding Aids, Access and Reference Services, Outreach (user education and public relations)
- Archival management systems.
Mon 15 Jun 2020
Mon 26 Aug 2019
Mon 2 Nov 2020
Email us at email@example.com if you would like us to contact you when we have a date scheduled.