|Event Date||14th October 2016|
|Time||9.00am Registration at 8.45am|
|Registration Closing Date||12th October 2016|
|Registration Price||$420.00 ea (General)|
Who should attend
Records officers, administration officers or Information Managers with responsibility for records management.
This practical course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to establish a Disposal Program for their organisation.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with relevant disposal authorities or Retention and Disposal Schedules;
- Apply the disposal authority to active and inactive records, using appraisal techniques;
- Review records designated for destruction and obtain authorisation for destruction;
- Resentencing records when disposal authorities are updated;
- Plan and implement a regular program of disposal;
- Prepare records designated as State Archives for transfer to State Records Office;
- Apply disposal decisions at the time of creation of a file;
- Broadly discuss the GDA for Source Records, where relevant
- Identify storage options for active and inactive records;
- Assess storage conditions for various storage media;
- Pack storage boxes for efficient future disposal.
Items Required by Participant
- General Disposal Authority for Local Government Records
- General Disposal Authority for Source Records
- Please also bring 6 files – 3 closed and 3 open, which should be 1-2cm thick. Do NOT bring ‘property’ related files, rather ‘subject’ related files*
*If you are unable to bring files because you operate in a completely electronic environment or because your internal policy forbids the removal of files from your premises, then you may substitute a contents list of the file, with a minimum of 20-30 documents. This should include details of what the document is about as well as other metadata such as sender, date received etc.
|The Park Business Centre|
|45 Ventnor Avenue West Perth|
|Public car parks near the venue.|
|Accessible via public transport.|
|* PLEASE NOTE that street parking is only available for a maximum of 3 hours.|
|Morning and afternoon tea is included.|
|Click here to view on Google Map.|