1:00Pm – 4:00pm Registration at 12:45am
$290 per person
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Records officers, administration officers or Information Managers with responsibility for records management.
This course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to use a keyword thesaurus, such as Keyword AAA or Keywords for Councils, to classify documents and create file titles.
Important Note: This course is about training in Keyword Classification and we have used KAAA and KfC as training devices only. However, the KAAA and KfC have been withdrawn from sale as they are being reviewed by NSW State Archives and Records. All organisations who have purchased them to date are able to continue using it with no problem at all.
Where participants do not own a licence to either KAAA or KfC, IRIS will provide examples to support the training.
On completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Broadly define classification;
- Explain the purpose of classification;
- Describe different types of records management classification;
- Explain functional classification;
- Outline the components of a thesaurus;
- Describe navigation in a thesaurus;
- Use a keyword thesaurus to title files.
ITEMS REQUIRED BY THE PARTICIPANT
- State Government: Keyword AAA
- Local Government: Keywords for Council
- Private Organisations: Nothing required